Skip to content

How To Beat The Drop – Play for free, win £5,000

£5000
paddypower logo
Beat The Drop
The promotion is available for new and existing customers with registered Paddy Power accounts, aged 18 or over. If you have been sent an email from Paddy Power excluding you from promotions, you will not qualify for this promotion.

Paddy Power punters love the unique, free-to-play game on site called ‘Beat The Drop’. This piece will talk you through Beat The Drop tips and strategies, how the game works and examples of possible questions.  

Beat The Drop- How does it work? 

You start with £5000 and if you complete 15 questions correctly you’ll take home whatever is left in your pot.

Paddy Power will ask a range of questions which can only have two outcomes.

You choose which question you have the most confident answer on.

It’s up to you if you want to go all in or split your pot between the two answers and hedge your bets.

If you get through then you can choose your next answer straight away.

Questions will tend to be something the market rates fairly equally.

If you go all in and lose then you are eliminated from the game, but can start again the day after.

The game is free to play for new and existing customers every day.

Example Beat The Drop Questions 

You are given £5000 as a start point. Your first question may be: 

“Will both teams score in Everton vs Newcastle?” 

You may choose to go all in with the £5000 on ‘Yes’. The game ends 2-1, you take your £5000 onto question 2. 

Question 2 could be: 

 “Will the New York Jets beat the Atlanta Falcons?” 

You may look to put 75% of your £5000 on ‘Yes’ and 25% on ‘No’. This way whatever happens you will go onto question 3 but you won’t have £1000 left. If New York Jets won then you’d still have £3750, if they’d lost then you’d be down to £1250. 

You can choose to split your pot whenever you like, or not at all. If you go all in on all 15 questions and get them all correct you’ll be awarded £5000 into your account, if you’re a bit more pragmatic and conservative then you could be left with £50. Whatever you end up winning it’s worth playing because it’s absolutely free! 

What sports are involved in the questions for Beat The Drop? 

There’s a variety of sports and events that the questions focus on. If you have a broad knowledge of different games then you can utilise that skill set, if you’re more of a football boff then you can just stick to that sport. NFL, horse racing and basketball are some of the alternative sports featured in the game. 

How do I keep track of whether my selections have been successful or not? 

Log in to your Paddy Power account and scroll across to the ‘Beat The Drop’ tab. Here you will find all your historical selections and stake sizes so you can see where you’re at and how much you have left. 

Can you withdraw any winnings as cash should you end the 15 questions with a positive balance? 

Yes, any winnings are paid into your Paddy Power account as cash, not free bets. If you’d like to withdraw it then you can or you can keep it in your account for other punting purposes. 

Tips on Beat The Drop Strategies 

You can choose to play how you wish of course, but there are ways where you can get a slight margin edge on your selections. One great starting point is look at how the odds are on a certain outcome happening. Let’s say your question was “Will Manchester United beat Tottenham Hotspur?” Go and check the match odds market on the sportsbook and see who the market favours, as they tend to be the most efficient probabilities of an outcome. 

If you see Manchester United are 8/11 to win the game, that means the market gives them a 57.89% chance of winning and therefore a 42.11% of losing. With that in mind you should really take ‘Yes’ on Manchester United to win as the option on the question. 

Often these questions will naturally have a similar chance of yes and no but it’s always worth checking to see where the value is, even if it’s marginal. This would be a good long term strategy for playing Beat The Drop because you have a slight edge at all times. 

One other way of going about this game is to not always go 100% in. A more pragmatic, hedging staking system will give you the greater chance of coming out with something if not the full £5000. You have to bare in mind the chances of actually getting all 15 questions bang on is very slim indeed. Think of it as getting 15 coin tosses correct in a row. 

That being said, if you split your pot 50/50 on every question you’ll only come out with 24p, which is not really worth it. So, harking back to the previous point, you’ll be best off staking a higher % stake on the better value selections according to the market. The more value = the greater the stake. 

The latest

HANDPICKED OFFERS FOR YOU

paddypower logo
Up to £30 Money Back as cash
VIEW OFFER paddypower logo
18+ Gamble Responsibly
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and 18+. T&Cs apply.
betfair logo
Up to £20 Money Back as cash
VIEW OFFER betfair logo
18+ Gamble Responsibly
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and 18+. T&Cs apply.
Trusted By 900,000+ People

JOIN MY COMMUNITY

facebook logo
584,000 LIKES
instagram logo
62,000 FOLLOWERS
twitter logo
304,000 FOLLOWERS
Here are some

Recommended Articles

Be Gamble Aware