7th of February, £10-£250 Builder Challenge Bet 2
After yesterday’s winner, it’s onto Bet 2! You can load it straight into your betslip by clicking here on mobile.
Betfair have the best odds for each bet and you’ll also get a £20 risk free bet if you sign up here. Sign up, place up to £20 on Bet 2, and you’ll get your stake back in cash if it loses.
Hoffenheim v Frankfurt
· On we go to Bet 2 of the challenge then and it will be a return to Germany this afternoon where we will be hoping for goals once more. Frankfurt have been in superb form since the turn of the year and continue to dismantle everyone they face at the moment with their aggressive attacking style. They picked up a 3-1 win at home to Hertha Berlin last weekend, their 6th win in seven Bundesliga games. The hosts meanwhile have struggled somewhat with consistency and tend to have patches of good results followed by patches of bad, hard to forget their 4-0 loss away at bottom of the league Schalke just a month ago which further highlighted their defensive frailties.
· Despite their struggles at the back they remain a big threat going forwards and in Andrej Kramaric have one of the top marksmen in the Bundesliga. He scored a consolation in the 4-1 defeat at Bayern Munich last weekend to take his league tally to the season to 13 goals making him the 4th top scorer in the division. He has 5 in his last 3 games and comes in to this one in tip-top form and will fancy his chances of notching against a far from secure Frankfurt.
· Frankfurt aren’t short of attacking quality themselves and in Luka Jovic and Andre Silva have two of the deadliest strikers in Germany. The fact that Luka Jovic has not started since returning to the club on loan, despite scoring three goals in four substitute appearances, speaks volumes for the strength of the attacking quality in the squad. Andre Silva notched again last weekend to take his tally to 16 for the season meaning he is behind only Robert Lewandowski in the league goalscoring charts. Sources suggest that Jovic will be pushed to start this afternoon and will likely partner Silva in what is a genuine world class front line.
· Given the attacking talent on offer it is unsurprising to see that goals are a regular feature in both of these teams’ fixtures this season. The hosts have seen over 2.5 goals feature in 74% of their fixtures, only league leaders Bayern have seen more. Meanwhile Frankfurt are very reliable scorers and have failed to score just once this season in their 19 games played. When these two meet there always tends to be goals with of 4 of the last 5 meetings seeing over 2.5 goals- let’s hope this goalscoring trend can continue for us this afternoon.
AC Milan v Crotone
· Perfect opportunity for Milan to reclaim top spot in Serie A this afternoon as they host helpless Crotone at the San Siro this afternoon. The gulf in quality between the sides is all to see with the visitor’s bottom of the standings having accumulated just 12 points from 20 games. Milan meanwhile are sitting pretty on 46 points, 34 points clear of today’s opponents. Milan by their standards have hit something of a blip and couldn’t of asked for a better fixture to restore their confidence than a home tie against Crotone.
· The visitors are simply shocking on the road and are now on a run of four successive away defeats. In fact their points picked up away from home this season is just two, which is the least of any side in Europe’s top 5 leagues. They are only one of two sides in those five divisions who are yet to win on the road alongside Germanys bottom club Schalke. To make matters worse for the visitors they are without probably their star man this season in Junior Messais who misses out through suspension. Lucas Cigarini and Adam Ounas are also both expected to miss out through injury.
· Milan don’t have such problems and are expected to be close to full strength this afternoon. Ismail Bennacer has now returned from injury and key playmaker Hakan Calhanoglu is expected to back after recovering from COVID. Zlatan is fit as is Mario Mandzukic who will probably start from the bench once more meaning Milan are close to full strength offensively with Rafael Leao the only notable absentee with injury.
· Crotone have the worst defensive record in the division having conceded 46 this season at an average of 2.6 goals per game. Milan have scored 2+ goals in 20 of their last 22 Serie A games and you would have to expect them to do so once more against a team who quite frankly can’t defend.