7th of February, £10-£250 Builder Challenge Bet 3
Get in! 2 bets down and 3 more to go. You can load Bet 3 by clicking here.
Not involved yet? The perfect way to do is with a £20 risk free bet. Join Betfair to get one, you can sign up here. Register an account, place up to £20 on Bet 3 and get your money back if it loses. You’ll also get access to the boosted odds you won’t find elsewhere.
Lazio v Cagliari
· On to bet 3 we go then and things are really starting to get exciting. This time we travel to the Italian capital where I am expecting an in-form Lazio to get the better of relegation-threatened Cagliari this evening at the Olimpico. Lazio are on a quite outrageous run at the moment and could make it 6 straight league wins if they were to win once more tonight. They were mightily impressive in their 3-1 win away at Atalanta last weekend and are very much in contention for a top 4 finish once more this season. The visitors meanwhile are in the polar opposite of situations and go in to tonight without a win in 13 games.
· Lazio are particularly reliable at home having racked up 32 goals at the Olimpico to date; never failing to score at least once on home turf so far. Simone Inzaghi is certainly benefitting from having all his attacking players fit and firing and they are truly irresistible going forwards at the moment. None more so than Ciro Immobile who is without doubt one of the most lethal strikers in Europe and despite having an injury/Covid-hit season continues to score almost at will. On the back of winning the European golden boot last season, the Italian striker has already notched 13 times in 18 league outings this season. He is now back to full fitness and has bagged 10 in his last 13 matches.
· The visitors are experiencing their worst winless run since 2010 and if things don’t change soon look set for relegation come the end of the season. Their form has seen them dragged in to the relegation places and they currently take up 18th- the final relegation place. It doesn’t make for much better reading for Cagliari when you take a look in to the head to head records between the two sides. Lazio have won 11 of the last 13 meetings between the two sides including each of the last 5 and will be expecting to extend that to 6 tonight.
· On paper this is the very definition of a ‘home banker’ given the respective form of the two sides. Lazio are full of both quality and confidence and I expect them to make it 6 straight league wins against an out of sorts Cagliari this evening.
Real Betis v Barcelona
· Two of La Liga’s more entertaining sides clash horns at the Benito Villarmarin stadium tonight in what I expect to be an entertaining match-up. Barca may not be quite the team they were 10 years ago under the management of Pep Guardiola but under Ronald Koeman they have certainly rediscovered their footballing philosophy as the Dutchman allows his attacking players plenty of freedom to express themselves. Form and results are also continuing to improve and should they win tonight it would be 6 straight victories in all competitions. Barca booked their spot in the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey with a 5-3 victory over Granada on Wednesday in a truly thrilling encounter with Lionel Messi at his brilliant best. This evening they travel to Betis who themselves have been an entertaining watch and alongside Barca average the most goals per game in their fixtures in the whole of La Liga.
· Betis have a very talented squad and have underachieved somewhat in recent season’s particularly last campaign when they finished a lowly 15th. They currently sit 7th in La Liga and seemed to have found some consistency in their performances and come in to this one on a 5 game unbeaten run in the league. With former Man city boss Manuel Pellegrini at the helm he encourages his side to play attacking and fluid football which makes them a fun team to watch. As mentioned previously their squad is filled with talent, particularly in attacking areas. Sergio Canales, Cristian Telles, Nabil Fekir and veteran winger Joaquin are all expected to feature.
· Messi has made the trip to Betis as have the likes of Griezmann, Dembele and Pedri in what should be a near enough full strength Barca attacking lineup. Messi was at his brilliant best in midweek against Granada and attempted 10 shots, 6 on target and made an incredible 10 key passes during the duration of the game.
· Barca have the highest over 2.5 goals record in La Liga and without Pique who remains sidelined through injury look particularly vulnerable at the back. Betis certainly have the forward talent to cause them problems and I expect a really open and high quality affair this evening where hopefully we will see a hatful of goals to see us through to bet 4!