Saturday 8th of May, £10 to £100 Weekender Challenge – Bet 2
Great start to the Weekender Challenge last night. 1 bet down, 4 more to go for £100!
> LOAD BET 2 HERE <
Betfair have the best odds on bet 2 after boosting it from 1.67 to 1.80 so I recommend you back it with them to get the best returns. Don’t have an account? Sign up > HERE < and get a £20 risk free first bet to use on bet 2 or any other bets on my website – money back in cash if your first bet loses.
Ingolstadt v Saarbrucken (Over 1.5 goals)
· With the goals flowing in on Friday night we head on to bet 2. We make a swift return to the German 3rd tier which served us well last night and it will be a couple of goals required once more to see us through the first half of bet 2. This time we head to Bavaria and the city of Ingolstadt for a very important game between the sides ranked 4th and 5th in the 3 Liga. The hosts are very much in contention for promotion and are actually level on points with 3rd placed 1860 Munchen who currently fill the final promotion spot, they will certainly be going all out for the win in this one. The result again is irrelevant for us however with over 1.5 goals the selection that takes my fancy the research below can justify why.
Ingolstadt have only failed to score in 2 of their 17 (12%) home league games this season. The second best home scoring record in the division.
Saarbrucken have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 31 of their 35 (89%) league games this season. The second best over 1.5 goals record in the division.
Ingolstadt seen 6 of their last 7 games prior to the game today feature over 1.5 goals.
Saarbrucken games this season have averaged 3.23 GPG, the second highest goals average in the division.
· With just two points separating the top 4 sides in the 3 Liga we are certainly set up for a fascinating finish going in to the final 3 league games of the season. It is very much still anyone’s game and Ingolstadt could even still win the league from here should they get 3 positive results.
· The hosts know they can ill-afford to drop points here though against a very dangerous Saarbrucken side. Manager Tomas Oral wants his side to play with courage and without fear going in to this one and I fancy them to go for it from the off in their quest for 3 points.
· Ingolstadt look to be at more or less full strength this afternoon with Marc Stendera the only notable absentee through injury. The impressive attacking duo of Stefan Kutschke and Dennis Eckert Ayensa are both fit and should start. The duo have scored a combined 20 goals this season and are some of the best attacking players in the division.
· On to the visitors then who despite sitting just one place below Ingolstadt in the league standings actually have little to play for this afternoon. They are 9 points behind them meaning a top 3 finish is near-on impossible with just 3 games remaining.
· Fair to say there games have been very fun in recent weeks with each of their last 6 featuring over 2.5 goals. They are a team that like to play attacking football even if it means insecurities at the back. It is their defensive issues which have ultimately cost them a chance at promotion this season.
· They have the second-best attacking output in the league, only 1860 Munchen have scored more but having conceded 49, the worst of any side in the top 6 their games tend to be very reliable for goals. Each of their last 13 games have featured over 1.5 goals and given the attacking quality that both these sides possess I don’t foresee this one being short on goals.
Werder Bremen v Bayer Leverkusen (Leverkusen win either half)
· We remain in Germany for the second part of bet 2 as we jump up the leagues to the Bundesliga where Leverkusen will be looking for the win to further secure their place in the top 6. The hosts meanwhile are in absolutely horrific form which has dragged them back in to an unwanted relegation battle. Important game for both sides but I expect the superior quality that Leverkusen possess to see them through.
Werder Bremen have lost each of their last 7 Bundesliga matches prior to today’s game.
Leverkusen have lost just once in their last 5 fixtures and that defeat was against reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
Werder Bremen have conceded 12 goals across their past 4 Bundesliga games.
Leverkusen have only been beaten by Bremen once in the last 10 meetings between the two sides.
· Despite having a decent first-half of the campaign, Bremen once again find themselves in serious danger of facing the drop following a shocking 7 successive Bundesliga defeats.
· Following Hertha Berlins win against Freiburg on Thursday night, Bremen now only sit out of the relegation places thanks to a superior goal difference over Arminia Bielefeld. There is a clear anxiety amongst the players at the moment and they all look a bag of nerves going in to games at the moment.
· Bremen are looking incredibly hampered on the injury front too with many key players now expected to miss the business end of the season. Jean-Manuel Mbom and Niclas Fullkrug have both had their seasons ended prematurely due to knee injuries. In addition Omer Toprak, Marco Friedl, Luca Plogmann and Nick Woltemade are all expected to miss out too through injury.
· In a topsy-turvy season for Leverkusen which promised so much pre-Christmas, they finally look to have found some stability again. The decision to sack Peter Bosz was taken and in all honesty it looks to have been the correct one with performances and results having improved significantly under the management of Hannes Wolf.
· Wolf has guided them to 10 points from his first five matches in charge. He has helped cement Leverkusen’s position in the Europa League qualification places, with Borussia Monchengladbach and Union Berlin both four points behind them. Their 3-1 win against a very good Frankfurt side last time out shows just how far they have come under Wolf.
· The visitors are missing a few players but many have been missing for some time so shouldn’t impact things too much. German sources feel Wolf will select the same side which was so impressive against Frankfurt last time out and I feel they should have far too much for an out of sorts Werder Bremen this afternoon.