9th April, £10 to £500 Weekender Challenge – Bet 1
It’s time to go again! Over the Easter period we completed a Weekender challenge and turned our £10 starting stakes into £100. This time… I’m aiming higher! My £10-£500 Weekender challenge starts on Friday.
> LOAD BET 1 HERE <
I recommend setting up a Betfair account if you want to get involved and you’ll get the best odds available for each bet. Sign up > HERE < and you’ll also get a £20 risk free bet to kick things off with.
That means if you sign up and place up to £20 on the first bet of the challenge, you’ll get your stake refunded as withdrawable cash if it loses.
There’s no guarantees that we’ll go all the way again and I’m open and honest about that. So just start with a stake you’re comfortable with and you’ll have fun whilst enjoying being involved in the challenge.
Here’s my research behind Bet 1:
Den Bosch v Cambuur (Over 1.5 goals)
· As we approach the weekend it can only mean one thing, another weekender challenge! Given the success we have had on of these in recent weeks I thought I would try for an even bigger target and this weekend we will be trying to reach £500 across 8 bets, let’s go! We start the evening in Holland and an old favourite of mine, the Eerste Divisie. When we go to Holland it can of course only mean one thing, goals! And I am expecting plenty of them tonight although just a couple are needed to get us up and running this weekend. So on that note we head to Hertogenbosch where bottom of the league Den Bosch host top of the league Cambuur tonight.
Den Bosch have conceded 73 goals this season in just 32 matches. That is an average of 2.3 goals conceded per fixture.
Cambuur have officially the best attack in the division with an incredible 91 goals scored this season. That is an average of 2.8 goals scored per fixture.
Den Bosch have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 28 of their 32 (88%) league fixtures this season.
Cambuur have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 27 of their 32 (84%) league fixtures this season.
· The hosts certainly won’t be looking forward to this one as the league leaders and top scorers in the division pay a visit tonight. They sit at the foot of the table having accumulated just 23 points from their 32 league games and it could well be a case of damage limitation against a firing Cambuur in this one.
· They have struggled massively with injuries this season, particularly in defensive areas which certainly hasn’t helped their cause. Three first-team defenders are expected to miss out tonight with Christophe Van Zutphen, Teun Van Grunsven and Jordy Van der Winden all struggling with injury.
· Despite their defensive issues they are relatively decent going forwards and in Jizz Hornkamp (LOL!) have one of the most potent strikers in the league. He has 13 goals to his name this season meaning he ranks amongst the top 8 scorers in the Eerste.
· As for the league leaders, well they couldn’t come in to this one in much better form having put 7 past Excelsior in midweek. That is the third time they have scored 7 goals this season and you wouldn’t put it past them to get a similar number against a poor Den Bosch side tonight.
· Robert Muhren bagged a hat-trick to take his league tally to the season to a ridiculous 31 goals, 12 goals more than any other player in the league. Since the start of the 2019/2020 season he has 56 league goals to his name. Only Robert Lewandowski (69) can boast to have more across the whole of Europe which gives you an indication of his goalscoring exploits.
· Muhren is fit and will lead the line once more for the league leaders. The reverse fixture was a 3-1 win for Cambuur back in November and I certainly don’t see many issues in seeing at least a couple of goals in this one tonight to see us through the first part of bet 1!
Eupen v Standard Liege (Over 1.5 goals)
· We round our Friday night off in Belgium which is the same country we finished our winning challenge off last weekend. Hopefully, it brings luck once more as well look to Eupen again to deliver the goals for us once again as they host Standard Liege in the Belgian Jupiler league. There is still much to play for in the league for both these sides with a top 8 finish still very achievable. Liege are currently 9th, just 1 point off the top 8 while Eupen are 13th, 5 points off the top 8 and know a win here would be huge for their chances.
Eupen have score an average of 2 goals across their last 11 matches prior to tonight.
Standard Liege have score 1+ goal in 12 of their last 13 away matches going in to the game tonight.
Eupen have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 29 of their 32 (91%) league fixtures this season.
Standard Liege have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 24 of their 32 (75%) league fixtures this season.
· Eupen’s front 3 have produced 26 goals this season, with Smail Prevljak leading the charts with 13. Jullien Ngoy (6) and Knowledge Musona (7) have helped to contribute too.All 3 are fit and tipped to start in this one.
· Things aren’t so rosy in defensive areas however and it will be something Liege will certainly be looking to exploit. Key defender Emanuel Agbadou will miss out through suspension while Norwich City loanee Rocky Bushiri will miss out once more with a meniscal problem.
· Eupen have conceded in 81% of their league fixtures this season and actually have the 4th worst defensive record in the league. Liege have more than enough to trouble them and I would be surprised to not see them conceded at least once in the game tonight.
· Liege arrive in Eupen with decent confidence having produced an impressive come from behind victory over Gent last weekend. It remains the case however that the Belgian giants are struggling in recent years, and this season is not any different. They are currently sitting at the 9th spot in the standings, but they still have a chance to make it to the playoffs for Europa League.
· The visitors arrive at close to full strength it seems from an attacking sense with no noticeable absentees. Defensively are where the problems exist with right back Collins Fai suspended and key defender and captain Zinho Vanhuesden still out with an ACL injury.
· The last 8 league meetings between the two have delivered on over 1.5 goals with each of the last 6 actually seeing over 2.5 goals. With plenty left to play for both sides tonight I am expecting a bit of a cracker with plenty of goals on offer to see us through to bet 2