10th of January, 7/1 Sunday Accumulator
You can load my 5 selections for today straight into your betslip by clicking here. Make sure you’re using mobile or it won’t work, you’ll get an error.
Do you have a Betfair account? If not you can get a £20 risk free bet to use on the acca > HERE <
Simply sign up, bet £20 on the acca as your first bet and:
✔️ It wins = you win £160 cash
❌ It loses = your £20 stake is refunded in cash
Once you’ve got an account sorted, or if you already have one then you can load the acca straight into your slip and place the bet > HERE <
Simple. My research is attached below:
Heerenveen v Fortuna Sittard
· The winter break came at the perfect time for Heerenveen who had been on a dreadful run at the end of the 2020 having gone 7 games without a win. The break will have given them chance to reflect and recharge and remind themselves they remain in a positive postion in the Eredivisie. Fortuna in quite opposite circumstances had a fantastic end to 2020, he visitors had picked up 10 points from a possible 12 heading into the Eredivisie winter break and will be hoping that form continues in to 2021.
· Despite their poor run, Heerenveen continue to score goals on a consistent basis. BTTS has occurred in 5 of their last 6 games as they continue to score and concede at an almost identical rate. They have scored 22 and conceded 21 which illustrates why they are an ideal selection for the BTTS market.
· Simariliy, Fortuna are serial offenders when it comes to BTTS and only FC Utrecht have a higher BTTS success rate in the entirety of the Eredivisie. BTTS has occurred in 11/14 of their league games this season, a 79% success rate. Despite their improved form they simply cannot keep a clean sheet and are one of only 3 teams who are yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
· Given both sides tendencies to both score and concede and generally speaking just being better at attacking than they are at a defending this looks an ideal selection for BTTS and expect it will be raining goals in Holland this afternoon.
Parma v Lazio
· Enough was enough for the Parma board who made the decision to sack Fabio Liverani following their 3-0 loss to Atalanta in midweek. That was their fourth successive Serie A defeat and even more worrying is their inability to score goals. They are now approaching 500 competitive minutes without finding the back of the net. Robert D’Aversa (in his second spell in charge) has been given the difficult task of trying to turn their fortunes round starting with a very difficult home tie against Lazio this afternoon.
· Lazio don’t have such issues in finding the back of the net and can put a lot of thanks on to the shoulders Ciro Immobile for that. The Italian striker has netted in ten of his last 11 league appearances as he chases down Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Serie A goalscoring charts. Given the lack of firepower that Parma possess, Lazio will only likely have to score once in order to secure the all-important 3 points.
· The host’s slim chances of scoring will be made even more difficult due to the likely absence of a number of important attacking players this afternoon. Yann Karamoh, Juraj Kucka and Gervinho are all expected to be missing meaning D’Aversa will have to name a second-string attack in his first game in charge.
· Parma haven’t even been unlucky in their recent defeats with displays quite frankly woeful. They have only managed 4 shots on target from their past two outings which shows they struggle to create even half-chances let alone score goals. Hard to see past a routine win for Lazio this afternoon which could push them back in to the top 6.
Fiorentina v Cagliari
· Well Cagliari have certainly been an entertaining watch this season with Eusebio Di Francesco continuing to persist with his forward-thinking style of play despite his teams clear defensive issues. Scoring goals really isn’t a problem and Joao Pedro they have one of the league’s top marksmen with the Brazilian already netting 10 Serie A goals. However, only Crotone have conceded more goals than Di Francesco’s side, so it is clear to see which area of the pitch the 51-year-old needs to focus on improving.
· Fiorentina have had a poor season although things have improved slightly since the appointment of Cesare Prandelli back in November and were on a 4 game unbeaten run prior to their midweek loss against Lazio. Franck Ribery is absent through injury but otherwise the hosts are expected to have a full strength squad and should have more than enough to score against a fragile Cagliari.
· Their poor defensive record will not be helped by the host of absentees they have within the squad at the moment, particularly in defensive areas. Diego Godin, Adam Ounas, Paolo Farago, Marko Rog, Ragnar Klavan and Andrea Carboni are all expected to miss out this evening.
· Cagliari have seen btts in each of their last 4 league games as well as in 75% of their league fixtures this season- the 2nd highest in Serie A. Hopefully they can continue on this goalscoring trend this afternoon.
Juventus v Sassuolo
· Italy continues to be one of the best leagues in Europe for goals this season and with fixtures as enticing as this one you can see why. This should be another cracking fixture in what has been an entertaining weekend in Serie A as Juve look to build on their fine midweek win over AC Milan as they host a quality Sassuolo side. The hosts currently sit 4th, just one point and one place ahead of tonight’s opponents.
· It is no secret that Juve have been over reliant on Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to goals since he joined the club. In fairness who wouldn’t rely on him? He is probably the greatest goal scorer the game has ever seen. However in recent games Federico Chiesa has attempted to share some of that goal scoring burden. He has now notched 3 in his last 2 games and added an extra weapon to an already outrageously talented Juve front line.
· Sassuolo aren’t short of attacking options themselves and despite the likely absence of Domenico Berardi remain stacked with attacking talent. The visitors always tend to score and have notched in each of their last 6 league games despite playing some of the biggest names in Serie A including Atalanta and AC Milan. They have more than enough about them to trouble Juventus this evening.
· This fixture always seems to guarantee goals. The last 5 league meetings between the two have seen 23 goals with over 2.5 goals featuring in all 5. Very much expect this trend to continue this evening in what should be a cracker in Turin.
Espanyol v CD Castellon
· It is of little surprise to me to see Espanyol top of Segunda and looking favourites for automatic promotion back to the Spanish top tier at the first time of asking. They are the league’s top scorers with 30 goals and also boast a mean defence having conceded just 10 in their 20 league games played. They host a struggling Castellon who have started the New Year in dreadful fashion losing both of their games in 2021 and dropping down in to the relegation places.
· Espanyol won’t allow their surprise defeat away at Las Palmas last week hinder them and will treat it as an anomaly in what has been a largely consistent campaign to date. Prior to that defeat they had won 5 league games in succession, a run which took them to the top of the league ahead of Mallorca who are their main challengers for the league title this season.
· The hosts will look once more to star striker Raul De Tomas to score the goals. The Espanyol forward who was bought for £20m back in January of last year is far too good for this level and it is really beginning to show. He has 12 goals in his 20 league apps this season and unsurprisingly tops the leagues goalscoring charts.
· Espanyol have won 80% of their home league fixtures this season and in contrast, Castellon have won just 10% of their away games. Hard to see past a comfortable home win this evening as Espanyol look to extend their lead at the top of the Spanish second tier.
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly
If you’re getting involved then please stake sensibly. I put a lot of time and effort into research for my bets but that doesn’t mean they’re guaranteed to win. I’m on today’s with a tenner as I’m happy risking that.