10th April, £10 to £500 Weekender Challenge – Bet 2
What a cracking start to the new £10-£500 Weekender! That’s the first bet down and we’re now on our way. You can load the next bet and read the research behind it below.
> LOAD BET 2 HERE <
There’s no guarantees that we’ll go all the way again and I’m open and honest about that. So just start with a stake you’re comfortable with and you’ll have fun whilst enjoying being involved in the challenge.
Here’s my research behind Bet 2:
Spezia v Crotone (Over 2.5 goals)
· Perfect start to the Weekender last night as we cruised through the over 1.5 goals double with relative ease. On to Saturday we go then and we will begin proceedings in Italy where there is a big game at the wrong end of Serie A between Spezia and Crotone this afternoon. Again, the result is irrelevant for us tonight with goals once more the order of the day and these two are as good as they come in Italy in the goals market.
Spezia have seen an average of 3.10 goals per game in their league fixtures this season.
Crotone have seen an average 3.76 goals per game in their league fixtures this season. That is the highest average in the whole of Serie A.
Spezia have seen over 2.5 goals feature in 22 of their 29 (76%) league games this season. That is the joint highest record in Serie A alongside todays opponents Crotone.
Crotone have seen over 2.5 goals feature in 16 of their last 17 matches prior to the game this afternoon.
· The hosts are currently 16th and although many thought they would struggle to avoid the drop this season, they have a healthy 7 point buffer between themselves and the bottom 3.
· They are a very impressive attacking outfit and despite being 16th actually have the best attacking output amongst the bottom 8 teams in the league with 37 goals scored. Their defensive record however leaves little to be desired, the 53 goals represents the third-worst goals against tally in the league. That rear-guard fragility was starkly illustrated when Italiano’s side last met Crotone, in December, as they were surprisingly crushed 4-1 at Stadio Ezio Scida while sitting comfortably in mid-table.
· The hosts look to be at full strength from an attacking perspective and will be looking to the impressive Mbala N’Zola to provide the goods once more. He was recently handed his international debut for Angola and it is unsurprising given his scoring record this season having notched 9 times in just 19 appearances.
· Well, what can you say about Crotone? They look almost certain to be relegated but they haven’t half provided some entertainment along the way. A massive 109 goals have featured in their 29 league games this season and their incredible 4-3 loss away at Napoli last weekend pretty much sums them up as a team.
· Offensively they are very impressive and in Simeon Nwankwo have one of the top marksmen in Serie A this season. He scored a brace against Napoli last weekend and there is little doubt he will be snapped up by a big club come the summer. It is defensively where they come unstuck and let’s make no bones about it, they are utterly atrocious! They have conceded 74 goals, that is 18 more than any other team in the division.
· The reverse fixture was a 4-1 Crotone win which shows what sort of game we could be in for this afternoon. On their day Crotone can trouble even the best in Italy as they showed against Napoli last week. With this a must-win for the visitors if they want any hope of survival I expect them to go for it from the off and goals really should come in the truck-load in this one.