10th April, £10 to £500 Weekender Challenge – Bet 3
2 down, 6 to go for £500! Straight on to the next bet which kicks off at 19:30 in Swiss Super League tonight and then onto the Dutch Eredivisie at 20:00.
> LOAD BET 3 HERE <
Luzern v Basel (Over 1.5 goals)
· Goals have served us well so far in the weekender and having looked through the fixtures for this evening there are a couple of belting looking fixtures for goals once more. We start the evening in Switzerland where a thoroughly entertaining Luzern outfit host Swiss giants Basel. The hosts currently sit 8th and still face the threat of relegation while Basel are 5th and continue to have a faltering season. Again the result is irrelevant for us with goals the huge standout market in this one.
Luzern average 3.37 goals per game this season, the highest average in the Swiss Super League.
Basel average 2.96 goals per game this season, the 2nd highest average in the Swiss Super League.
Luzern have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 26 of their 27 (96%) league games this season. The best over 1.5 goals record in the division.
Basel have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 16 of their last 17 fixtures prior to the game this evening.
· No doubt Luzern are the league entertainers with their games consistently full of goals this season. Despite their poor league position (8th), they have the 2nd best scoring record in the division having notched 46 times in just 26 games this season. Only league leaders Young Boys have scored more with 51 which shows quite how impressive Luzern are from an attacking sense.
· That quite clearly shows where the problems exist for Luzern with their defensive record officially the worse in the division. They have conceded a massive 45 goals this season at a rate of nearly 2 goals per game.
· Luzern lost 4-1 to Basel in the reverse fixture less than a month ago which is a decent indicator of what sort of tie we could be in for today. Just one Luzern game has failed in this market all season and with a side containing the offensive quality of Basel coming to town, I can’t see this one lacking in goals.
· The Swiss giants certainly aren’t the team they once were and are having a pretty dire campaign by their usual high standards. They’ve lost more games than they have won this season and there is something of a crisis going on at the club at the moment.
· They will still likely have too much to overpower Luzern as they did a month ago but I wouldn’t feel comfortable backing it given the inconsistency of Basel. Goals is definitely the market to go for in this one with Basel like Luzern very consistent.
· The visitors are also suffering from an injury crisis in defensive areas with as many as 5 first team defenders expected to miss out this evening. Eray Comert, Elis Isufi, Albian Hajdari, Jorge and Andrea Padula are all tipped to miss out here leaving Basel very short in defensive options.
Zwolle v Twente (Over 1.5 Goals)
· For the 2nd part of bet 3 we will return to Holland which served us so well in the Cambuur match last night. We will of course be looking for goals once more but this time we will be heading to the Eredivisie and the match between Zwolle and Twente. Neither side are in particularly decent form here, with hosts PEC Zwolle coming off a third loss in five Eredivisie games 3-2 at Sparta Rotterdam and Twente without a win in six league games now. Despite both sides underwhelming form their fixtures are still featuring goals in the truckload and I don’t see many issues in seeing at least a couple in this one tonight.
Zwolle have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 24 of their 28 (86%) league game this season, the joint third best record in the division.
Twente have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 24 of their 28 (86%) league game this season, the joint third best record in the division.
Zwolle have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 14 fixtures going in to the game tonight.
Twente have scored in 6 of their last 7 games prior to the game this evening.
· PEC Zwolle will have been glad to have Slobodan Tedic back in form for the end of the season. His reintroduction up front seems to have added vigour to their forward line. The Manchester City loanee has become vital in the Zwolle attack and looks a real talent
· The hosts aren’t safe from relegation just yet and will see this game against an out of form Twente as a massive opportunity to pick up a much-needed win. The visitors have won just once in their last 13 and I expect Zwolle to be at it from the off in a bid to put their opponents under pressure.
· He hosts look to be at full strength from an offensive point of view with the injuries within the squad seemingly surrounding the defensive players. They have more than enough attacking talent to trouble a frail Twente backline this evening.
· The lull in form that Twente are suffering from is beginning to cost them. Following a flying start to the campaign they are now down in 8th and have a 6 point gap to make up on Utrecht to make it in to the top 7 places.
· They certainly have the talent within the squad to finish in the league’s top 7 and in Danilo are blessed with one of the most exciting young players in the Eredivisie. He has 14 league goals to his name making him the 4th top scorer in the league, he is fit and will lead the line for the visitors tonight.
· They are however missing two key defensive players through the spine of the team tonight. Former Arsenal defender Julio Pleguezolo remains out with an ACL injury and holding midfielder Wout Brama is a doubt with a knee problem. The last 17 meetings between these two have seen over 1.5 goals which is one seriously impressive trend, I am confident this one will follow suit tonight!