13th of February, £10-£250 Builder, Bet 1
We had a great run with the last challenge, unfortunately we were just two minutes away from making it all the way to the final bet. A valiant effort nonetheless!
You can load Bet 1 of the new challenge by clicking here on mobile. It will get underway tomorrow but I’m sharing it with you now in case the odds drop.
If you join Betfair for the challenge, you’ll get access to the boosted odds you won’t find elsewhere and you’ll be able to place Bet 1 risk free… Sign up, place up to £20 on Bet 1, and get your stake back in cash if it loses.
Tirol v RB Salzburg (Over 2.5 goals)
· Been a lot of calls for the return of a challenge after the decent run we went on last week so who am I to let you lot down, hey? This game looks a belter for goals and fixtures to often do in the Austrian Bundesliga. Both sides are in excellent form and the stats scream goals.
Salzburg average Goals per game (GPG) – 4.13
WSG Tirol average GPG- 3.27
Salzburg have scored in 15/16 league games this season
WSG Tirol have scored in 12/15 league games this season
· With the stats looking so promising it is now time to dig deeper in to other factors such as team news and form amongst other things:
· Salzburg have started 2021 in imperious form winning all 4 Bundesliga games taking them back to the summit of the Bundesliga. More so they are doing so convincingly, RB has won every competitive game in 2021 by at least two goals. Given their offensive quality no surprise then to see that 75% of their league games this season have seen over 2.5 goals.
· The visitors have notched an incredible 50 goals in just 16 league games this season meaning they are top scorers in the Bundesliga by a mere margin of 15 goals!
· Patson Daka is now back to his best following a troublesome hamstring injury that made him miss numerous games at the back end of last year. He has scored 5 in his last 6 and is expected to lead the line once more tomorrow afternoon.
· The hosts are in fine form themselves however and have picked up 13 points from a possible 18 in their last 6 league fixtures. They are capable of giving the league leaders a real game and I am expecting them to take the fight to Salbzurg this afternoon.
· This season WSG Tirol has only failed to score three times, namely in the reverse fixture against Salzburg (0: 5). They are in fine better nick now than they were back in October in the reverse fixture and should give them a far better game tomorrow afternoon.
· Nikolai Frederiksen and Kelvin Yeboah have formed a formidable partnership in attack for Tirol. The pair have combined for 21 goals this season (12 goals, 9 assists) and are both fit and tipped to lead the line once more for the hosts.
· Austrian sources predict this game to have over 3.5 goals with almost 50% of Tirol fixtures and over 60% of Salzburg fixtures seeing 4 or more goals. We only need 3 tomorrow afternoon and with both sides at full strength offensively I don’t see too many issues in this fixture getting us off to the perfect start.
Spezia v AC Milan (Milan 2+ goals)
· To Italy next for the evening kick of between Spezia and AC Milan in Serie A where we will be hoping for another convincing AC win. We backed this same selection last weekend and it came in with flying colours as AC easily dispatched of Crotone with a straightforward 4-0 win.
AC Milan have the best away record in the league 28/30 points
Spezia have the worst home record in the division 6/ 30 points
AC Milan have won 14 of their last 18 away matches
Spezia have lost 6 of their last 10 home matches
· This is the best away team traveling to the worst home team in the whole of the Italian top tier which in itself is a good start. Milan are incredibly consistent at scoring 2+ goals which is what we need tomorrow evening. They have scored 2+ in 16 of their last 20 away matches and you would expect them to do so once more against one of the leaks weakest backlines.
· They have managed just one home win all season .The Aquilotti are currently in 16th place in the standings, six points above Cagliari in the drop zone and are very much in a relegation scrap this season which was to be expected for the newly-promoted side.
· They will be without strikers Roberto Piccolo and M’Bala Nzola this afternoon. N’zola is comfortably their biggest attacking threat with 9 goals and Milan will be relieved he won’t be available tomorrow afternoon.
· Milan have had some injury issues of late but many of their key players are now returning. Hakan Calhanoglu is back to full fitness and Ismail Bennacer should also return from a bout of bronchitis. He trained with the squad and took part in all parts of the session and is expected to return.
· Zlatan will lead the line once more after scoring his 500th career goal in the 4-0 win over Crotone last weekend. In attack Milano are pretty much at full strength with Zlatan, Calhanoglu, Leao, Rebic and Mandzukic all available.
· Given the obvious gulf in quality that exists between the sides combined with their respective home and away records it is difficult to see past a comfortable Milan victory tomorrow evening. They won the reverse fixture 3-0 at the San Siro and I would expect a similar sort of result again here.
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly
Please stake responsibly if you’re joining in with the challenge. Only start with an amount you’re comfortable with and can afford to lose. That’s how we keep the betting fun and enjoyable.