13th March, £10 to £100 Weekender Challenge – Bet 3
2 down, 5 to go and now 7 straight winners on The Weekender. On to the next and I’m going for a single over in the Eredivisie tonight.
> LOAD BET 3 HERE <
Betfair have the best odds on Bet 3 so I recommend you back it with them to get the best returns. Don’t have an account? Sign up > HERE < and get your first bet up to £20 completely risk free!
Az Alkmaar vs FC Twente (Over 2.5 goals)
We return to Holland for Bet 3 and will be looking to Alkmaar to deliver on the goals for us once more as they did in bet 4 last weekend in their 2-1 defeat at Vitesse. Expect this to be a cracker between two talented sides as 3rd placed Alkmaar host 8th placed Twente with both sides competing for European qualification places this season in the Eredivisie.
AZ Alkmaar have seen 20 of their last 24 games feature over 2.5 goals (83%). They have the best over 2.5 record in the entire division with 80% of their league fixtures this season seeing 3+ goals.
Twente have seen over 2.5 goals feature in 9 of their last 11 games played on the road for an average of 3.27 goals per game across that time period.
AZ Alkmaar are the 3rd highest scorers in the Eredivisie having notched an impressive 57 goals in just 25 games at an average of well over 2 goals scored per game.
Twente are also pretty prolific on their travels and in their last 9 away matches, they have scored 2+ in 7 of them.
· AZ will see their defeat away at an impressive Vitesse outfit last weekend as nothing more than a blip and it very much remains the case they are having a fantastic domestic season. They remain 3rd and are still very much in with a shout for a top two finish this season.
· They go in to tonight’s game more or less at full strength. Midfielder Fredrik Midtsjo will miss out with a muscle injury; otherwise the hosts aren’t reported to have any notable absentees.
· 4 of the last 5 fixtures between these two sides has seen over 2.5 goals. This includes the reverse fixture back in December which ended in a convincing 3-1 Alkmaar victory.
· The visitors aren’t having such luck on the injury front with their two starting centre-backs expected to miss out of this one. Julio Pleguezuelo (knee injury) and Kik Pierie (illness) are both set to be unavailable.
· This does however increase the likelihood of goals and something AZ will look to capitalise on with a second-string Twente defence likely to line-up against them this evening.
· All the major Dutch sources agree that this one looks great for goals. Stylistically both sides love to attack and statistically over 2.5 goals looks likely. Let’s hope it can deliver to see us through to Sunday and bet 4!