13th of April – 15/1 Champions League Double
Champions League is back again, a mouth watering tie awaits us in Paris and there’s there’s business to wrap up for my beloved Chelsea against Porto. We were incredibly close to winners on both UCL nights last week, let’s see if we can go one better. You can load my double by clicking here on mobile.
Join Betfair and claim a £20 risk free bet to use on tonight’s double!
That’s a risk free shot at winning £320 if you follow the steps below…
PSG v Bayern
· The second leg of the Champions League quarter-finals awaits us and what a couple of games we have in store tonight. The standout tie is undoubtedly in Paris where the game is very much on a knife-edge following PSG’s thrilling 3-2 first leg win in Munich last week.
· Bayern will certainly feel hard done by having come out of that game with a narrow defeat. The Germans were the dominant team for much of the tie but just couldn’t finish their chances. PSG were clinical on the break with Neymar and in particular Kylian Mbappe running riot.
· Given how the game last week panned out, I just can’t see how this one is short on goals. Bayern need at least 2 goals to have a chance of qualifying and while they have wave after wave of attack in Paris tonight, PSG have more than enough quality to pick them off on the break as they did so well last week. Over 2.5 goals really shouldn’t cause us many issues in this one.
· Next up is Kylian Mbappe who was the star of the show in the first leg and I fancy the mercurial Frenchmen to run riot once more tonight. Bayern play a high defensive line and Mbappe had countless opportunities last week eventually finishing with a well-taken brace.
· We successfully selected him to register 2+ shots on target last week and we want the same from him again tonight to get the all-important tick. With Bayern having to attack from the off he should be afforded even more space to exploit. With Neymar playing in the 10 an threading incisive passes in to him he should have a number of opportunities to get the job done.
· We round this game off with another shot on target and we will require just one between the posts from Bayern striker Eric Choupo-Moting to get this selection ticked off.
· In the absence of both Lewandowski and Serge Gnabry, he will lead the line for the visitors. He scored in the first leg with a well taken header and was actually a persistent threat with his aerial and physical presence causing PSG a lot of problems.
· He ended the first leg having attempted 5 shots with 2 landing on target. We need just the one from him here and given how many opportunities he was afforded in the first leg I don’t see it being an issue.
Chelsea v Porto
· We round the UCL double off in Seville where I expect the mighty blues to finish off the job against Porto tonight and qualify for the semi-finals. Chelsea hold a 2-0 aggregate lead from the first leg and barring a dramatic turnaround should have enough to see of the Portuguese champions.
· Porto will however be welcoming back two massive players tonight from suspension with top scorer Sergio Oliveria and key striker Mehdi Taremi returning. I expect both will have to be at their very best if Porto are to have any chance in getting back in to the tie tonight.
· Taremi is having a fine season for Porto with 16 goals to his name in all competitions to his name. He has been voted as striker of the month in Portuguese league for 3 consecutive months which gives you a decent indication in to the kind of form he is in.
· He ranks top of the list at Porto for shots on target per 90 averaging an impressive 1.39 and I feel the Iranian international is exceptional value to get the job done tonight. Porto need to throw caution to the win as they look to overturn a 2 goal first leg deficit and I feel Taremi will be granted with plenty of opportunities.
· Next up we focus on a Chelsea player and we will look once more to me old pal Mason Mount to do the business tonight. He scored a cracker in the first leg in a man of the match display and given the form he is in I expect him to impress once more tonight.
· Mount is actually joint top scorer for Chelsea and has really brought goals in to his game in recent months. He has exceptional shooting technique and will be one of the first names on the list for free kicks tonight.
· He has attempted 65 shots this season, the most at the club as well as having the 2nd highest amount on target with 19. He averages just under a shot on target per 90 this season but given his form since the turn of the year he looks as threatening as ever in front of goal.
· We finish with a cards selection and I really like the look of Porto to pick up at least a couple this evening. They have picked up the 4th most cards of any team in this season’s competition (22- 20 yellows, 2 reds) and have shown in previous rounds they can get quite dirty when they need to.
· For example, they picked up 5 cards in the 2nd leg against Juventus in the last round and I expect something similar tonight. They have a number of players who are card friendly with the likes of Uribe, Pepe, Corona and Oliveria all having picked up 4+ cards this season.
· With Porto chasing the game, there is also potential for frustrations to boil over and the Portuguese side to lose their cool with elimination looking likely. They picked up 2 cards in the first leg and I would be surprised to see them not pick up at least that number in Seville this evening.
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly