14th February, £10-£250 Builder, Bet 1
We were unlucky yesterday with AC Milan failing to deliver. This would’ve been Bet 2, it was researched and ready so let’s use it. You can load this bet straight into your slip by clicking here.
Check out my research below:
Monaco v Lorient (Over 1.5 goals)
· Where else would you want to be on Sunday lunchtime than the wonderful city of Monaco. As Monaco host Lorient this afternoon in a fixture which I expect to be full of goals. Both sides are in excellent form and the stats scream goals.
Monaco average goals per game (GPG) – 3.54– (highest in Ligue 1)
Lorient average goals per game (GPG) – 3.09 (4th highest in Ligue 1)
Monaco over 1.5 goals scored in 21/24 (88%) fixtures (2nd highest in Ligue 1)
Lorient over 1.5 goals scored in 19/23 (83%) fixtures (3rd highest in Ligue 1)
· Stats look incredibly promising in this one but as always I have dug deeper to find the key news surrounding both sides and here is what I have found.
· Monaco have won 7 straight league games going in to today and are the in-form team in the entirety of Ligue 1. This run has taken them in to the league’s top 4 and Niko Kovac and his side are very much in the race for Champions League qualification for next season.
· A lot of thanks can be given to the top class attacking talent they have in their ranks. They have found the back of the net at least twice in their last eight top-flight matches, with the 50 goals they have already notched up only bettered by PSG.
· Unfortunately their defensive record doesn’t make for such attractive reading. Despite their winning run they have kept just one clean sheet in their last 8 games and tend to have to outscore teams in order to win games.
· Monaco rested all their key players in midweek in their cup win over Grenoble and sources suggest there could be as many as 10 changes to the lineup today. The likes of Aleksandr Golovin, Wissam Ben Yedder and top scorer Kevin Volland will all return.
· Despite sitting 17th Lorient are in fantastic form themselves and are unbeaten in 4, winning 3 of them going in to today. That includes a fantastic come from behind 3-2 win against PSG just a fortnight ago.
· Striker Terem Moffi is in tip-top form at the moment and he has scored in 6 of his last 8 games. He is fit and will lead the line once more this afternoon.
· Lorient have pulled off a few shock results this season and know full well Monaco will give you opportunities with their far from secure backline. 2 goals shouldn’t cause us too many issues in this one.
Brentford v Barnsley (Brentford win)
· For the 2nd part we head to West London where promotion chasing Brentford host 13th placed Barnsley in the English Championship. Thomas franks Bees are in exceptional form and are certainly look like the team to beat in the race for promotion this season.
Brentford should they avoid defeat here will extend their unbeaten record in the Championship to 22 matches.
Barnsley meanwhile are without a league win in 5 games (2D, 3L) a run which has seen them drop in to the lower half of the table.
Brentford have won 4 matches on the spin and scored an impressive 17 goals in those 4 matches. Performances seem to continue to improve week on week.
Barnsley now sit just 8 points above the relegation places and have dropped out of the playoff race. They will now be very much looking down rather than looking up in the Championship standings.
· The hosts are at full strength this afternoon and sources suggest they could play the same team which won so impressively in midweek away at Reading.
· Ivan Toney will lead the line and the striker has contributed six goals and four assists in his last 4 matches. That brings his goals tally to 23 for the season putting him 5 goals clear at the top of the Championship scoring charts.
· They have had an days extra rest over Barnsley with their game against Reading coming a day before Barnsley’s Thursday night FA Cup defeat to Chelsea.
· Fatigue is certainly possible for the Tykes with this their 2nd fixture in the space of just 72 hours. Barnsley boss Valerien Ismael may have to rotate somewhat from the team which started against Chelsea to guard against this.
· Barnsley have failed to score in 3 successive away games which must be of great concern when travelling to the Championship frontrunners.
· They have actually managed just two goals in the whole of 2021 and average a meagre 0.93 goals per game when playing away from home. Can’t see them upsetting the odds here and I suspect a fairly comfortable home win once more for the Bees.