14th March, £10 to £100 Weekender Challenge – Bet 4
What a run we are on with the Weekender! After starting on Friday night, we’ve won 3 bets and we need 2 more winners today to turn our £10 starting stake into £100. Let’s get the day started with Bet 4 shall we?
> LOAD BET 4 HERE <
Betfair have the best odds on Bet 4 so I recommend you back it with them to get the best returns. Don’t have an account? Sign up > HERE < and get your first bet up to £20 completely risk free!
Celta Vigo v Athletic Bilbao (Over 1.5 goals)
· We have reached the final day again as we get ever closer to the potential of completing back to back weekenders! We start the afternoon in sunny Spain where a couple of goals will do the job for us in the game between Celta Vigo and Athletic Bilbao. Both sides sit level on 33 points in the La Liga standings and have the quality in their squads to make a late push for the top 6 places should they find consistency. The result is irrelevant for this afternoon and we will be hoping for a couple of goals to get this one ticked off.
Celta Vigo have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 24 of their 26 La Liga fixtures this season (92%). The best record in the division.
Bilbao have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 21 of their 26 La Liga fixtures this season (81%). The joint-third best record in the division.
Celta Vigo come in to today on the back of a thrilling 4-3 win away at Huesca last weekend. Their last 5 games in the league have featured 19 goals and they look full of goals at the moment.
Bilbao have scored in each of their last 10 La Liga matches. This is their best scoring run since April 2017 which is certainly a good sign going in to this afternoon!
· Celta games tend to produce chaos with a no nonsense, gung-ho approach to football encouraged by manager Eduardo Coudet. The Argentinian has overall done a fine job at the helm since taking over in November and he has guided his side back in to the top half.
· The hosts look to be at full strength from an offensive point of view with Nolito, Denis Suarez, Santi Mina and of course Iago Aspas all expected to be fit. Aspas in particular is an exceptional forward and has 17 goal contributions this season in La Liga in just 22 appearances.
· They will however be without key defender Hugo Mallo who will miss out through suspension. His absence will be appreciated by Bilbao who will no doubt look to exploit the weakness at right back this afternoon.
· The visitors have no injury issues to report with their only absentee expected to be the suspended Inigo Martinez.
· Bilbao have been consistent scorers since Marcelino took over as manager in early January. In-fact they have scored in all 16 competitive fixtures in which the Spaniard has managed which is another very positive statistic for this selection.
· They are blessed with some attacking forward players of their own with the likes of Inaki Williams, Iker Muniaian and Alex Berenguer all tipped to start. This selection looks great value for a couple of goals and I have confidence it can deliver for us!
PSV Eindhoven v Feyenoord (Over 1.5 goals)
· To round up bet 4, we head back to Holland which served us so well on Friday where we need just a couple of goals once more to get the tick. It is one of the biggest fixtures in Dutch football and I don’t expect it to disappoint. PSV will be eager to exact their revenge on the Rotterdam side after Feyenoord won the reverse of this fixture 3-1 just over a month ago. This game historically produces the goods with each of the last 5 seeing not only over 1.5 goals but BTTS. These two rarely fail to deliver on the goals front and we need just a couple here to get the tick on the first part of bet 4.
PSV Eindhoven have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 24 of their 25 league games this season (96%), the best over 1.5 goals record in the Eredivisie.
Feyenoord have seen over 1.5 goals feature 20 of their 25 league games this season (80%).
PSV Eindhoven have scored in all 25 of their league games this season (100%) the only team in the Eredivisie to have managed that.
Feyenoord come in to this on the back of a 6-0 win over VVV last weekend. They have now scored 52 goals this season, the 4th highest goals tally in the entire division.
· The hosts come in to this in decent form and a 5 unbeaten following on from their 3-1 win away at Fortuna Sittard last weekend. They currently sit 2nd and trail Ajax by 6 points in the Eredivisie and can ill-afford to drop points this afternoon.
· Defensively they have looked a little shaky in recent weeks however and despite their good form they haven’t kept a clean sheet in 7 successive games now.
· Luckily they have an exceptional forward line they can rely on to bail them out more often not. Mario Gotze, Donyell Malen and Eran Zahavi all tipped to start with Zahavi in particular in a rich vein of form at the moment.
· The visitors similarly look to be at close to full strength this afternoon with right back Bart Nieuwkoop the only significant absentee.
· From an attacking sense everyone looks to be available which is ideal when looking for goals. They will no doubt look to skipper Steven Berghuis to provide the goals once more with the Dutchman having a fantastic season. He has 25 goal contributions to his name in the league (14 goals, 11 assists) and comes in to today in fantastic form.
· Over 1.5 goals have been scored in 9 of the last 10 games involving Feyenoord and facing up against a team with the attacking talent of PSV I can’t see this one failing to deliver and should see us through to bet 5!