16th January, 17/2 Saturday Accumulator
So I landed an acca just a few days ago and I’m aiming to make it back to back winners with this one today, > LOAD IT HERE <
Do you have a Betfair account? If not you can get a £20 risk free bet to use on the acca > HERE <
Simply sign up, bet £20 on the acca as your first bet and:
✔️ It wins = you win £192 cash
❌ It loses = your £20 stake is refunded in cash
Once you’ve got an account sorted you can load the acca straight into your slip and place the bet > HERE <
Simple. My research is attached below:
West Ham v Burnley
• West Ham will be hoping to extend their unbeaten run to four matches as they host Burnley this afternoon at the London Stadium. The Hammers have surprised many with the quality of their performances this season and as things stand are just 6 points off the top 4 positions such has been the quality of their season so far. They host a Burnley side who are down in 16th, just 4 points above the relegation places.
• Their improvement under David Moyes in his second spell in charge of the club has been evident and defensively in particular they look exceptional and go in to this afternoon on the back of 3 successive clean sheets. I suspect Burnley will struggle to score in this one with the visitors not offering much of an offensive threat having scored the joint least goals in the league this year with just 9 scored along with bottom club Sheffield United.
• Sounds like this game will be won by the odd goal then and given that West Ham have managed to score in 9 successive league games at home I suspect they will be able to notch at least once this afternoon. One could well be enough against a toothless Burnley side, in their 1-0 loss to Man United in midweek they failed to even register a shot on target.
• Burnley are particularly poor on their travels and have won just once on the road this season (W1, D3, L4). Not expecting this to be a classic by any means but suspect the hosts have enough to seal the win against a Burnley team that rarely scores and are generally shocking away from home.
Cardiff v Norwich City
• Norwich make the trip to Wales this afternoon looking to extend their lead at the top of the Championship table. We are now at the half way point of the season and Norwich have accumulated an impressive 47 points and have a squad which is more than capable of breaking the 100 point barrier come the end of the season. The hosts are struggling down in 15th and come in to today having lost 4 of their last 5 in the league.
• Norwich picked up an impressive league win over an in-form Barnsley in their last league game thanks to another goal by star-man Emiliano Buendia. Buendia now has 7 league goals, 6 assists and the most chances created in the whole division. Quite clearly he is far too good for this division and it is of no surprise to see the likes of Arsenal willing to spend around £30-40m for his services such is his quality.
• Interestingly the visitors have an identical record at the halfway point of the season as they did when they went on to win the Championship back in 2018-2019. This shows they are a side which clearly has the quality to win the division and I wouldn’t put it past them to go and win the league once more this season. They will be expecting another win this afternoon against a Cardiff side which looks woefully short of confidence. Their cause won’t be helped by the host of key names they are missing this afternoon. Top scorer Kieffer Moore is missing as is Lee Tomlin which leaves them pretty short offensively.
• The visitors arrive in Cardiff pretty much at full strength with Tim Krul the only key absentee. The likes of Pukki, Cantwell and Buendia are all available and I expect they will have too much for an out form Cardiff side this afternoon.
Forest Green vs Port Vale
Nothing is routine in League Two but I expect FGR to do a job here as the promotion race in the 4th tier really gets interesting. A lot of the league’s top 10 sides are about to face of against one another over the next month or so and Rovers will be expecting to be a part of the title conversation come the end of those games.
They sit just 2 points behind leaders Carlisle but are bunched in the melee of top 8 sides who are currently separated by just 5 points.
They’ve lost just 1 of their last 9 outings and that was to Crawley who are one of the league’s in form sides. No doubt over their ability either after seeing them put 3 past Leeds in the FA Cup.
Vale come in to this one with just 1 win in 7 and that was against a pretty poor Grimsby side. They’re really struggling for goals of late too, before that 3-0 win against Grimsby they went 270 minutes without scoring a goal.
Jamille Matt and Aaron Collins are both fit to start for the hosts, they’ve combined for 14 goals this season. FGR rank well for expected goals so expect them to create chances and these two definitely have the ability to take them.
Dundee v Ayr United
· Dundee really sent a statement of intent to the rest of the Scottish Championship with their thoroughly impressive win over league leaders Hearts in their last league game. Hearts are undoubtedly favourites for the title and considered untouchable by many pundits in this division but Dundee showed their quality with a deserved 3-1 home win last time out. They host 6th placed Ayr United this afternoon who are on a woeful run of form.
· The visitors are without a win in 5 and have lost 3 of their last 4 in the league receiving some heavy defeats along the way. They have conceded 10 in their last 3 and I struggle to see how they will be able to keep a potent Dundee side at bay this afternoon. The hosts are unbeaten at Dens Park this season and I struggle to see how that unbeaten record ends today.
· The hosts are packed with talent and in Charlie Adam have probably the most naturally talented player in the division. Despite now being 35 years of age he is continuing to excel and recently picked up the December player of the month award. Unsurprising given the former Scottish international has 6 goals and 9 assists in his 16 appearances for Dundee this season.
· The hosts have picked up 14 points from a possible 18 in their last 6 matches and are full of confidence following their season-defining win against Hearts last time out. With Ayr in such shocking form and Dundee relentless at home I find it hard to see past a comfortable home win this afternoon.
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly
If you’re getting involved then please stake sensibly. I put a lot of time and effort into research for my bets but that doesn’t mean they’re guaranteed to win. I’m on today’s acca with a tenner as I’m happy risking that.