17th of February, Daily Double Up
Here’s my Daily Double Up for today, you can load it by clicking here. We want Celtic to win and a couple of goals between Levante and Atletico Madrid.
Check out my research below:
Celtic v Aberdeen (Celtic win)
· The hoops have won their last 4 league matches in succession and although the title is beyond them they will want to make it as hard as they possibly can for Rangers to win the league.
· Now for the visitors, well they really are in a spot of bother and head to Glasgow tonight without a win in 5 league games.
· Probably even more worrying for Derek McInnes is the lack of goals, in that run of 5 winless games they haven’t even managed to score a goal.They are now approaching the 500 minute mark since Andrew Considine notched against Motherwell back in January.
· No doubt the deadline day departure of striker Sam Cosgrove to Birmingham City as well as the untimely injury to winger Ryan Hedges is a big contributor to their lack of goals. Unfortunately for the visitors Hedges will miss out once more due to a muscle injury.
· Celtic certainly don’t have such problems with goals and have been banging them in at a rate of knots in recent weeks with 17 scored in their last 6 games.
· Odsonne Eduoard has rediscovered his goalscoring touch in recent weeks and has 8 goals in his last 6 appearances! He will lead the line once more tonight.
· Given the respective form of the two sides and the obvious gulf in quality between the squads it is hard to see past a comfortable home win at Parkead this evening.
Levante v Atletico Madrid (Over 1.5 goals)
· Goals aren’t something you always associate with Atletico Madrid but in recent weeks and months they have been extremely reliable in the goalscoring markets.
· Their last 5 league games in succession have seen over 2.5 goals, while the last 7 in succession have seen over 1.5 goals.
· Defensively they are looking far less resolute and have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 5 games.
· Offensively they are superb and only Barcelona have scored more than the 44 they have notched in La Liga this season.
· The signing of Luis Suarez was exceptional business and it is of little surprise for me to see him top scorer in La Liga with 16 league goals already this campaign. He will lead the line once more tonight.
· They will be further boosted by the return of Joao Felix who has returned to training following a spell out with Covid-19.
· Levante are extremely consistent for goals themselves with 19 of their 22 games seeing over 1.5 goals this season (86%). Only Celta Vigo and Real Betis have higher success rates in the whole division.
· Levante have exceptional forward options of their own. Roger Marti and Jose Luis Morales have formed a brilliant partnership this season and contributed to 19 league goals already this season. They will lead the line once more for the hosts tonight.