17th April, £10 to £100 Weekender Challenge – Bet 3
2 down, 3 to go for £100! Straight on to the next bet which kicks off at 19:30 in Swiss Super League tonight.
> LOAD BET 3 HERE <
St Gallen v Luzern (Over 2.5 goals & BTTS)
· On to Saturday evening we go then which brings about bet 3 as we get ever closer to completing another weekender! We will return to Switzerland this evening, a place which served us well last weekend and it will be the wonderful Luzern we look to once more to bring us the goals. They visit St Gallen tonight in a very important game at the wrong end of the Swiss Super League. The hosts are currently 7th, one point and one place ahead of Luzern in 8th and both remain very much in danger of relegation this season. The result however is irrelevant for us with plenty of goals the order of the night to get us through to bet 4!
St Gallen have seen over 2.5 goals feature in 11 of their last 15 matches prior to the game tonight.
Luzern average 3.50 goals per game this season, the highest average in the Swiss Super League.
St Gallen have conceded an average of 1.9 goals across their last 16 matches.
Luzern have seen over 2.5 goals feature in 21 of their 28 (75%) league games this season. The best over 2.5 goals record in the division
· This game really did stand out a mile off for goals when conducting my research and although Luzern are the prime candidate for goals in Swizterland, St Gallen can certainly do their bit too.
· You only have to look back to the past four head to heads between the two sides to see why I think this game looks attractive for goals. All four have seen both over 2.5 goals & BTTS which is all we need tonight so let’s hope it can follow this trend.
· The hosts look at full strength from an attacking point of view with all their key attacking players seemingly available for selection. It is at the back where injuries exist with first-choice right back Alessandro Krauchi out with an ACL injury. Centre-back Yannis Letard is also struggling with a torn ligament; expect Luzern to capitalise on these deficiencies.
· As I said last week, there is no doubt Luzern are the league entertainers with their games consistently full of goals this season. Despite their poor league position (8th), they have the 2nd best scoring record in the division having notched 49 times in just 27 games this season. Only league leaders Young Boys have scored more with 53 which shows quite how impressive Luzern are from an attacking sense.
· Defensively is no doubt where the problems exist for the visitors with their inability to defend continuing to cost them this season. Their defensive record is officially the worst in the division having conceded a massive 49 goals this season at a rate of nearly 2 goals per game.
· I tuned in to their 4-3 defeat to Basel last weekend and some of their defending at times was beyond belief. However, having watched that game it gives me even more belief in this selection with goals seemingly a permanent fixture in their games. It looks a cracker for goals and let’s just hope it can live up to it and see us through to Sunday and of course bet 4!