20th of September, Goalscorer Special
We had a good efforts with yesterday’s goalscorer special, 2 of the 4 players scored with one of them not featuring at all, so that Eduoard selection was void. It’s well worth another crack today with plenty to choose from
Fancy it? Click here to load my Sunday Goalscorer Special.
Ajax vs RKC Waalwijk – Quincy Promes
- First up, I fancy Quincy Promes to find a goal in Ajax’s second game of the season this afternoon. Promes is a quick and tricky winger who has always had a decent goal scoring record for someone who plays out wide. During his time in Russia, he scored 59 goals in 115 appearances playing for Spartak Moscow. And after a short spell in Spain with Sevilla, he’s now averaging a goal every other game for the Dutch giants Ajax.
- Waalwijk began the new season with a defeat so Ajax will look to condemn them to successive losses which will help them keep up with the early pace setters.
- Promes is likely to play a central role this season so that can help him improve his goals tally even more. It will likely depend on where Tadic and Huntelaar are deployed.
Brann vs Bodo Glimt – Philip Zinckernagel
- This man seems to score every week doesn’t he? Whenever I do a write up about Bodo Glimt, his name comes up for obvious reasons and then he goes on to put the ball in the back of the net. Bodo come into this domestic match on the back of a 3-1 win over Zalgiris in the UEFA Europa League Qualifiers. Zinckernagel was the player who opened the scoring on the night.
- The Danish striker has scored 11 goals and registered 17 assists in just 17 Eliteserien appearances so far this season. Zinckernagel has scored 3 goals in his last 3 league outings.
- Bodo last met Brann back in July. It was a comfortable 5-0 win for our favourite Norwegian side which saw Zinckernagel score a goal and set up a couple of others for his teammates.
Start vs Kristiansund – Amahl Pellegrino
- This match features as part of Bet 2 of my £10-£1000 Builder where we’ll be requiring Kristiansund to score a goal. A man who can help us achieve that is Amahl Pellgrino. The 30-year-old Norwegian winger has scored 17goals in 16 appearances which is an absolutely incredible record.
- He’s averaging a goal every 72 minutes which is fairly insane and an average that you’ll not often see. Pellegrino has scored 8 goals across his last 5 matches, including a brace in each of his last three. With those stats in mind, he’s a cracking price to score a goal later this afternoon.
- These two sides met just last month and it was a 3-2 win for Kristiansund who were the hosts on that occasion. There were 4 different goal scorers in the game, and of course Pellegrino was one of them.
Juventus vs Sampdoria – Cristiano Ronaldo
- This one is a bit of a hipster pick, it might come as a bit of surprise. I’m kidding of course, but anyway, we’re backing CR7 to bag a goal at anytime here against Sampdoria.
- Ronaldo is Ronaldo, he has been one of the best players in the world for well over a decade and you expect him to score in every match that he plays. This pick pretty much speaks for itself, so I won’t attempt to patronise you.
- In total, Ronaldo has scored 52 goals in 64 Serie A appearances which is an average of a goal scored every 108 minutes.
Please Gamble Responsibly
18+. Please don’t expect every bet to win, I’m not a magician. Keep your stakes sensible and only ever gamble what you can afford to risk.