Friday 21st May, £10 to £100 Weekender Challenge – Bet 1
It’s the final weekend of the football season so you better believe I’m having one last crack at the Bad Man Weekender Challenge. The aim is to turn £10 into £100 in 5 rolling bets starting tonight (Friday) and finishing this Sunday evening.
We’ve completed it twice recently so let’s do it one final time… Who’s with me?
👋 New follower? You will need a Betfair account to get the best odds for this bet. Bet 1 has been boosted from 1.50 up to 1.57 by them which is the best anywhere – you won’t get higher returns with any other bookmaker!
Register an account > HERE < to get those odds and your first bet is also risk free up to a £20 stake. That means if your first bet wins you win cash OR if your first bet loses you get your stake refunded back in cash.
They’ll be boosting all five challenge bets so it’s well worth setting up an account to join in. > SIGN UP HERE <
As always I’ve attached my research for the bet, please read before deciding for yourself if you want to place it or not:
Zurich v Vaduz (Over 1.5 goals)
We start proceedings in the Switzerland where FC Zurich host Vaduz in an important game at the wrong end of the Swiss Super League. The hosts are safe but Vaduz are just one point above bottom of the league Sion and will be in desperate search of a win here to ensure they don’t face automatic relegation down to the Swiss Challenge. The result is irrelevant for us in this one however with goals the standout market. Major Swiss and German sources agree and have tipped over 3.5 goals as their value bet in this one, we require just a couple to see us over the line tonight!
Zurich have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 28/35 league fixtures this season (80%)
Vaduz have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 30/35 league fixtures this season (86%), the second best record in the division.
Zurich have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 18 of their last 19 matches prior to tonight.
Vaduz have seen over 1.5 goals feature in 18 of their last 19 matches prior to tonight.
· Despite being the superior side, Zurich are priced as underdogs tonight due to a combination of lack of motivation and missing some key players particularly in defensive areas. They are missing 6 important players for this one, 3 through suspension and 3 through injury.
· On the whole it has been a very disappointing season for FCZ with the only real silver-lining the fact they have avoided relegation. Their inability to defend and keep clean sheets continues to cost them with the 56 goals conceded the 3rd most in the division.
· The reverse fixture was a 3-2 victory for Vaduz back in February which gives you some indication of what sort of game we could expect in Zurich tonight and given the defensive deficiencies the hosts have it could well get very messy.
· Avoiding automatic relegation remains in the hands of Vaduz and should they win tonight it will mean Sion will finish bottom of the league and face automatic relegation to the Swiss second-tier. Sion certainly have a harder fixture too as they host FC Basel.
· The visitors don’t have the same selection headaches at the hosts and travel to Zurich with more or less a full strength squad to select from including all their most important offensive players.
· 10 of the last 11 meetings between these two sides have featured over 1.5 goals. With Vaduz in desperate need of the points against a Zurich side depleted in defence but still pack a punch in attack I feel this is the ideal fixture to get us up and running!
Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers (Shamrock to score 1 goal)
· We finish the night in Ireland where reigning champions and league leaders Shamrock Rovers travel to Dundalk looking to extend their lead at the top of the division. They currently hold a 6 point advantage over 2nd placed St Pats with 11 league games played and look highly likely at this point to win back to back titles. Rovers recently broke the all-time League of Ireland record of 30 games unbeaten – a record which had been set by another Hoops side way back in 1927. As for Dundalk, well they aren’t quite living up to the heavy heights of last season where they qualified for the Europa League proper and currently are down in a disappointing 7th in the league standings.
Dundalk have managed just one clean sheet from their 11 (9%) league games played this season. The joint-worst clean sheet record in the division.
Shamrock Rovers have managed to score in each of their last 18 games in succession prior to the game tonight.
Dundalk have just two wins from their 11 league games played this season.
Shamrock Rovers are now on a run of 33 games without tasting defeat (Played 33, Won 26, Drew 7, Lost 0, Scored 70 and Conceded 14).
· Dundalk sporting director Jim Magilton has acknowledged the current situation at the club is far from ideal and that both he and the club will be under massive pressure should they not qualify for Europe this season.
· Without a manager and with just two wins from 11 league games, the Lilywhites are already a whopping 16 points behind their arch rivals and leaders Shamrock Rovers. They are also nine points off third-placed Sligo Rovers in that race for the Europa League spots in 2022
· Magilton has hinted he may be in temporary charge at least until the upcoming summer break with the club unable to find a decent candidate to take charge at the moment. The club look a real mess and I can’t see them being able to cope with a firing Shamrock Rovers this evening.
· The visitors are tipped to be at near full enough strength this evening with Stephen Bradley confirming that Sean Kavanagh is the only definite absentee alongside the suspended Sean Hoare.
· They are enjoying the finest unbeaten run in their illustrious history and have the perfect opportunity to put another nail in bitter rivals Dundalk coffin tonight with victory which could well end their European aspirations even at this early stage of the season.
· I expect Rovers will probably win tonight but we only need them to score a goal which they almost always do. Their cause will be further helped by the fact that Dundalk almost always concede too so I don’t see too many problems in this one delivering which will see us through to Saturday and bet 2!
👍 Happy with the research and want to get involved?…
1️⃣ Get a Betfair account set up > HERE < to get the best odds for every bet and £20 risk-free offer.
2️⃣ Once you’ve got an account sorted, load Bet 1 straight into your betslip > HERE <
Any problems click ‘Remove All’ and try the link again. Good luck!
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly
If you’re getting involved then please remember to only start with a stake you’re comfortable risking and enjoy this challenge being a bit of FUN. Whether that be £10 to £100, £5 for £50 or even £2 for £20.