24th of September, Bad Man Builder – Bet 3
Onto Bet 3 of my £10-£1000 Builder we go and it’ll kick off at 6pm this evening. Remember, you can join in with my challenges at any point, just treat the next bet as your first. You can load Bet 3 by clicking here.
If you’re unfamiliar with how these rolling betting challenges work then I’ve got just the guide for you. Here’s an explanation and write-up to tell you everything you need to know about the Bad Man Builder.
CSKA Sofia vs B36 Torshavn
It’s the big dogs from the Bulgarian capital vs the minnows from the Faroe Islands here. Torshavn have done well to come this far but to say this is their biggest test yet would be an understatement.
- B36 have faced St Joseph’s of Gibraltar, Levadia of Estonia and TNS to get to this stage
- They’ve been to extra time twice and penalties once along the way
- They’re part of a group of 5 break away teams domestically, however are still just 4th in the league
- You may not consider the Bulgarian league to be that great but it’s streets ahead of the Faroe Islands
- This is reflected in Sofia’s price to win of just 1.12
- Sofia are unbeaten domestically and come in to this off the back of a 2-2 draw with champions Ludogorets
- In the previous round, Sofia impressively dispatched of BATE, a side with a wealth of European experience and some real quality players
- CSKA are now on a run of 20 straight competitive matches where they’ve not been beaten in 90 minutes
- Their only defeat came on penalties in the Bulgarian Cup
- There’s not one standout player necessarily for Sofia, their goals have been very well spread across the team
- Ali Sowe would probably edge it as my man to watch, he was on target in the last round and is a real focal point of the Sofia attack
The odds don’t lie in a game like this, the bookies are expecting B36 Torshavn to take an absolute battering here. 2 goals from the hosts is all we need to tick off this half of bet 3.
Wolfsburg vs Desna
I’m going to excuse Wolfsburg for their performance on Sunday. They played well and created chances, against a strong Leverkusen side. If they play anywhere close to that level here, they should crush their Ukrainian opponents.
- Desna are making their first appearance in Europe since 1960 and their inclusion is somewhat one of luck, they got this spot as a result of having the 3rd best attack/defence in the league coupled with the fact that Kyiv won the Ukrainian Cup
- So this is unknown territory for the visitors and they couldn’t have been handed much of a tougher test
- They also lost their top scorer from last season – Oleksandr Filippov to Belgian side St Truidense, he’ll be a miss on nights like this where chances will be at a premium
- Wolfsburg are the clear favourites against the competition’s newbies, with the hosts priced at just 1.16 to win it’s clear to see what is expected
- Wolfsburg were flawless in the last round as they stormed past Kukesi with a 4-0 away victory
- As I say they were the better side on Sunday and were unlucky not to take all 3 points
- I watched the game in full and was impressed by what I saw
- I’ve often highlighted big striker Wout Weghorst, he’s currently being linked heavily to Spurs
- He played on Sunday amidst the rumours and I’ve seen nothing to suggest he won’t play here
- He’s the obvious one to make a note off given that he bagged twice last round and has been their top scorer for the last 2 seasons
- The man that really caught my eye was Amir Mehmedi, the Swiss playmaker is clearly a very intelligent footballer and can dictate the game from that number 10 role
- The wide players Joao Victor and Josip Brekalo both impressed me as well, with Victor looking a real menace thanks to his pace and trickery
- As is often the case at this stage this should be somewhat of a mismatch, the expectation is that of a comfortable home win
Again, just 2 home goals here irrespective of the result will land this part of the bet. With any luck, the German side will wrap it up early doors.
Please Gamble Responsibly
Please always make sure you gamble responsibly. Don’t expect every bet to win, make sure you only ever stake what you can afford to lose and keep it fun. 18+.