27th of September, Sunday Accumulator
I’ve picked out and researched 5 teams to win on Sunday, and you can load the selections straight into your betslip here. If you’d like to read the research behind the bet you can do so below.
Dijon vs Montpellier
- Montpellier have had a great start to the new season and they currently sit 3rd in Ligue 1. They’ve won 3 of their opening 4 matches, and it’s a three-match winning run that they’re currently on so they’ll be full of confidence.
- 2 of the 3 Montpellier wins came against Nice and Lyon, very impressive results.
- Montpellier have 10 goals to their name, more than any other French top flight side. That number is 6 more than PSG have managed to conjure up thus far, granted they are missing key players.
- There’s a couple of key men for Montpellier that I’ve written about previously. Gaetan Laborde and Andy Delort… They’ve picked up 4 goals and 5 assists between them currently.
- Dijon have had a disastrous start to the season. They’re rock-bottom of the table after losing all 4 matches so far. They’ve only scored once so it’s extremely unlikely that they’ll be able to trouble Montpellier.
Aalesunds vs Rosenborg
- Poor Aalesunds. They’re having a really difficult time and they’re punching above their weight in the Norwegian Elitserien. 18 games into the season, they’re bottom of the table with just 7 points to their name. They’ve lost an embarrassing 13 of the 18.
- Rosenborg are on of the biggest clubs in Norway as most of you will know. This could get quite ugly and I think Rosenborg are a solid price given the circumstances. Aalesunds have lost 5 matches on the bounce, whereas Rosenborg are unbeaten in 9 across all competitions, winning 7 of those matches.
- These two clubs met just last month and it was a 3-2 win for Rosenborg. I expect it to be more comfortable this time round.
- Dino Islamovic scored a brace in that meeting for Rosenborg. The Swedish forward has scored 6 goals in 17 appearances and he’s a player I’ve mentioned on several occasions before. Let’s also give a shout out to Kristoffer Zachariassen who’s scored 7 goals from central midfield.
- Rosenborg return to league action after a 1-0 win over Alanyaspor in the Europa League. This is a huge boost in my opinion. It would only be something to consider if they’d have travelled to Turkey rather than played at home.
Crotone vs AC Milan
- AC Milan are in good form, they’ve played 3 competitive matches and won all three. A couple in the Europa League and their opening match of the new Serie A season.
- Domestically, it was a 2-0 win over Bologna to kick things off for AC Milan. They followed that up with a 3-2 win over Bodo Glimt during the week where they were without Zlatan Ibrahimovic who tested positive for Covid-19.
- Crotone began the season with a 4-1 defeat against Genoa, they’re going to be in for a very long season. They’re the favourites for relegation this season and it’s a fair assessment as they’re way out of their depth.
- Hakan Calhanoglu has had a good start to the season, but most of his contribution so far his come in the Europa League where he’s registered 3 goals and 2 assists in just a couple of games. He’ll now be looking to bring that impact into these league games and he should shine against such an inferior side such as Crotone.
Roma vs Juventus
- Here we’re backing Juventus but using the ‘draw no bet’ option. This means that we’re looking for them to win the game to win the selection. However, if the match ends as a draw, the pick will become void rather than lost.
- Juventus began the new Serie A season with a more than comfortable 3-0 win at home over Sampdoria.
- Cristiano Ronaldo was on the score sheet and he’s opened his account nice and early. He’ll obviously be in the picture here and he’s one of the only players in the world that you expect to score in every game. Fingers crossed he has a trademark big performance.
- Roma have been punished by the Italian FA this week. They drew 0-0 with Hellas Verona last weekend but that result was turned into a 3-0 defeat after they played Amadou Diawara who was incorrectly registered as an under 23 player. A harsh outcome given the fact that it was a mistake and they weren’t attempting to bend rules in order to gain an unfair advantage.
- Juventus were 2-1 winners when they travelled to Roma last season. Ronaldo was unsurprisingly on the score sheet. Scoring the second and ultimately winning goal.
- 20-year-old Dejan Kulusevski impressed on his debut for Juve and he was a scorer in the last game against Sampdoria. The youngster and CR7 could be quite the formidable pairing this season.
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz vs Charleroi
- Finally, we’re heading to the Belgain top flight where we’d like a Charleroi win on their travels to Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz.
- It’s all looking rosy for Charleroi so far. They’re top of the league after 6 games and the impressive thing is, they’ve won all 6 and have already amassed 18 points. You can add 4 clean sheets to that run too, including a couple away from home which is what we want to see.
- Charleroi’s last league match was a 3-1 home win over Beerschot
- Keep an eye on Charleroi’s Iranian forward Kaveh Rezaei. He has scored 5 goals in 5 appearances and he’s the joint top scorer in the league.
- Mouscron are rock-bottom of the table and they’re in torrid form. They’re also the only side in the league yet to pick up a win.
- The only positive for Mouscron is that their defence isn’t actually that bad when you consider they’ve only conceded 8 times. However, losing games consecutively is damaging, the amount of goals conceded is fairly irrelevant.
- Mouscron have played 3 home matches so far and they’ve lost all three 1-0. The fact that they’re yet to score at home must be a concern. If Charleroi can find a couple of goals, they should win the game.
Please Gamble Responsibly
18+. Please don’t expect every bet to win, I’m not a magician. Keep your stakes sensible and only ever gamble what you can afford to risk. If you’re new to betting and you’re wondering how different types of bets such as ‘accumulators’ work, I’ve got a guide for you here.