30th of January, Daily Double Up
You can load today’s Daily Double Up by clicking here. We’ll be heading to Spain this afternoon and Holland a bit later on.
Check out my research below:
Eibar v Sevilla
• To Spain this afternoon then where we will be hoping La Liga’s form team in Sevilla can get the job done for us as they travel to Eibar. Many of you would of seen the viral clip that has been floating around social media of the second goal they scored in their 3-0 win over Valencia in midweek. If you haven’t then please check it out, it pretty much sums how things are going at the club right now- Pretty bloody well!
• Their cause will only be helped by the impressive capture of Papu Gomez this week from Italian side Atalanta. Those who have watched Serie A will know what a talent the Argentinian is and is a huge coup for the club to add to the quality they already have within the squad. Such talent includes the heavily coveted Youssef En-Neysri who has been heavily linked with a big money move to West Ham throughout the January transfer window. The 23-year-old Morocco international has scored seven goals in his team’s last four league games, establishing himself as one of La Liga’s most effective strikers.
• Under the skilled management of Julen Lopetegui it is no real surprise to see them doing so well. The former Spain and Real Madrid manager has his side playing some lovely football and they go in to the game today on the back of 4 straight wins in all competitions. The same can’t be said for their opponents Eibar who come into this without a victory since their opening match of 2021; a winless run of five and have won just once in their last 9 league outings. Surprisingly it as at home where Eibar have most of their troubles, they have won just once all season accumulating just 7 points and have officially the worst home record in the whole of La Liga.
• Given the impressive form of the visitors combined with the truly awful home form of Eibar I suspect Sevilla should have few issues in winning just a half at the Ipurua Municipal Stadium this afternoon.
Vitesse v RKC Waalwijk
• The perfect opportunity for Vitesse to respond to their shock midweek defeat as they host struggling RKC at the GelreDome this evening. The hosts are having a sublime season and sitting pretty towards the top of the table mixing it with the league’s elite. They currently sit 3rd in the Eredivisie behind only the usual suspects in Ajax and PSV which illustrates what a fine season they are having.
• A lot of thanks can be put on their truly outstanding home record this season. Nobody in Holland can match the record of Vitesse who remain unbeaten at the GelreDrome having won 8 of their 9 home encounters this campaign. Defensively in particular they have flourished and can boast league high 9 clean sheets from their 19 league games, a very impressive record.
• Struggle to see how a desperately out of form RKC side get anything from the game tonight. The away side have not won a league match in seven attempts now after a 1-2 defeat at home to Fortuna Sittard on Wednesday night and having scored just 3 goals from their last 5 matches does not bode well for their chances here against a water-tight Vitesse backline. Worth also mentioning that Vitesse dominate the H2H records between the two sides and have each of the last 4 fixtures between the two which is certainly a good omen going in to this one tonight.
• Dutch sources suggest Vitesse should be at close to full strength this evening with no notable absentees reported. I think they look a solid selection to register yet another home win against an out of form and ultimately poor RKC side this evening.
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly
If you’re getting involved with this then please keep your stakes sensible and never gamble more than you can afford to lose. Yes i’ve spent time and effort with my research into this but there’s no such thing as a sure winner in gambling so act responsibly.