31st of January, Daily Double Up
You can load today’s Daily Double Up by clicking here on mobile.
Here’s the research:
Atalanta v Lazio
· Two of Italy’s entertainers clash horns once more this afternoon just a few days after their thrilling Coppa Italia match in midweek. Atalanta ran-out 3-2 victors on Wednesday afternoon in a predictably thrilling encounter with both teams doing what they know best and attacking at will. This time the action will be in Serie A where both sides are in terrific form and are battling it out for a top 4 finish this season.
· Both sides have been in terrific form since the turn of the year and both are sitting pretty at the top of the 2021 form table. This should make for a brilliant fixture and is without doubt the pick of the games from Serie A this weekend. These two traditionally provide crackers and I am expecting nothing different this afternoon. Each of their last four competitive fixtures have produced at least 5 goals which is a quite ridiculous statistic.
· Atatlanta’s resurgence in the New Year has come in hand in hand with their return to spectacular goalscoring form. At home in particular they are practically unstoppable and have now won 6 out of the last 7 encounters with over 2.5 goals featuring in all of those victories. Duvan Zapata was rested for the cup in midweek but is certain to return to the starting 11 this afternoon as we return to league action. The Colombian international has been sensational so far this year with 6 goals in his last 6 league apps.
· Similarly Lazio marksmen Ciro Immobile was rested in midweek and will return to the starting lineup this afternoon. The Italian striker has been in typically prolific form with 18 goals in his 22 appearances this campaign. He is in particularly outrageous form at the moment having scored in 10 of his last 12 league games. His consistency of scoring really is remarkable. In terms of BTTS these are two of the most consistent teams in Italy with both having a 68% success rate in this selection this season. Should be a belter with goals aplenty in Bergamo and BTTS looks a solid selection in this one.
Granada v Celta Vigo
· La Liga at times has been dull this season with many low-scoring affairs and has rarely been the league to go for when in the search of goals. Luckily these two have proven themselves to be something of an exception and have certainly been two of the more entertaining teams in the Spanish top tier this season. Granada come into this in fine goalscoring form on the back of a thumping 6-0 victory over third tier Navalcarnero in the Copa Del Rey last 16. Celta’s impressive and fast start under Eduardo Coudet has begun to soften in intensity and effectiveness but the entertainment remains.
· The visitors struggle without their talisman in Iago Aspas. The former Liverpool striker has been an absolute star since his return to Celta back in 2015. He is without doubt one of the best strikers in La Liga and sources suggest he could return this evening having missed the previous 4 weeks with a thigh injury. He has 17 goal contributions (9 goals, 8 assists) in just 18 apps this season and his potential return to the squad will be a massive boost to their attacking options.
· With or without their talisman Celta games are incredibly consistent when it comes to goals. No side has a more reliable over 1.5 goals record in Spain than they do with 19 of their 20 fixtures (95%) this season featuring 2 goals or more. They face a Granada side who are like Celta are very reliable for goals They are the league’s 4th best for over 1.5 goals with an 85% success rate.
· Quite frankly on paper there aren’t many better fixtures out there for over 1.5 goals than this one. Both sides are extremely reliable and with the potential return of Aspas the chance of goals will only go up. Should have little issue in seeing a couple of goals in this one!
18+, Please Gamble Responsibly
If you’re getting involved with this then please keep your stakes sensible and never gamble more than you can afford to lose. Yes i’ve spent time and effort with my research into this but there’s no such thing as a sure winner in gambling so act responsibly.